What Is The Difference Between Synthetic Hair, Human Hair Mix, Virgin Unprocessed Hair, & Virgin Remy Hair
The hair industry is overwhelming, there are literally thousands of hair distributors, manufacturers, retailers, and more. With so many hair suppliers, quality is at an all time low. This is not necessarily a bad thing, everyone can't afford higher end hair extensions. Some are known to purchase cheaper hair because at the moment it makes sense. Investing in a higher quality of hair saves money in the long run.
In today's post we will explore the most common types of hair extensions purchased, online and in stores. We will also encourage you to ask certain questions about your hair extensions prior to purchase, we encourage this because we have all spent tons of money on what we were told and what appeared to be high quality hair, but actually was garbage. So please continue reading and be aware before you buy!
What is synthetic hair?
- Synthetic hair is composed of fine plastic fibers, fabricated to appear as human hair. In its basic form, synthetic hair is created from a low quality acrylic that is heated and separated into "hair" strands.
- Though, the process is pretty inexpensive, with new technology, higher quality synthetic strands are being produced, this allows for more durability and mimics human hair so much so that it can sometimes be curled (depending on the brand).
- This is a great option for an inexpensive hair style, but be aware it doesn't last long and requires significant maintenance, tangles easily after a couple of uses. Synthetic hair can't be chemically processed and in many cases can be curled only at certain temperatures.
- Some complain of itching, which is directly related to the acrylic base and other chemical processing, not recommended for those with sensitive skin.
What is Human Hair Blend?
- Human hair blend is a mixture of non Remy human or hair that has damaged hair cuticles mixed with synthetic hair.
- This lasts longer than synthetic hair, appears more natural and can be curled and styled.
- Can be washed and reused, but the likelihood of hair tangling post a wash is substantial. This hair requires frequent brushing especially in humid conditions
- Though, there is human hair present, it has been chemically treated and processed. This further weakens the human hair and causes tangling and matting after a couple of uses and chemical processing.
What is Virgin Unprocessed Hair?
- Uh-oh this is where it gets tricky, virgin unprocessed hair does not go through any type of process, no chemical treatments, no perming, coloring, or other treatments. Virgin unprocessed tends to be much softer and lasts longer than human hair blend.It does not contain synthetic hair.
- Though, it has never been chemically processed it doesn't mean the cuticle is intact. Some companies use brush hair, brush hair can come from multiple donors, this hair is human, unprocessed, but can tend to be weaker than virgin remy hair because the hair itself isn't always healthy.
- Some virgin unprocessed hair the cuticles are intact, but not all companies sell quality virgin unprocessed human hair
- Virgin unprocessed hair can be colored, bleach, curled, and straightened
What is Virgin Remy Hair?
- Virgin Remy hair is chemically unprocessed human hair, which is collected from a single donor. This is the highest quality choice. Virgin Remy hair has not been altered by dyes, perms, bleaches or harsh washes.
- Tends to last 2 years or more depending on care, never tangles or mattes. Easy to wash and reuse
- Can undergo chemical processing and not be damaged.
When purchasing hair remember cheaper is not always better, investing in quality hair will save you tons!
Learn More More About Hair Extensions Check Out These Blogs