Five Makeup Essentials To Achieve The Perfect Makeup Application
I'm so happy makeup is in I don't know what to do with myself! But, all trends aren't for everyone, as well as all makeup products aren't necessarily for everyone. Here are a list of five products that we here at MuseMob.com believe are essentials that every makeup wearer should posses.
1. Primer- Don't skip this amazing product! Though, there are many to choose from, not all are created equal. If you have oily skin you want to focus on a mattifying primer such as Too Faced Matte Primer, or Givenchy's Mister Mat, but if you are on a budget and these are a little too pricey try NYX matte primers. All other skin types such as normal to dry skin should also invest in the Too Faced Primers, if unable to afford give the NYX brand of primers a shot.
2. Foundation- So many consistencies and options out there for a foundation, you really need to know what kind of skin type you have, if you have oily skin, it's best to invest in an oil free matte foundation, dry skin types need to have a moisturizing primer along with a moisture rich foundation, though there are plenty of foundations that cater to every skin type, not all companies cater to every skin tone. Becca Cosmetics, MAC, Too Faced, and other luxury brands have a lot of choices for multiple skin tones even darker skin tones. Fortunately, drugstore brands are embracing the culture of providing more choices for people of color, so if you can't afford a $40 foundation, brands like Revlon, L'oreal, and Maybelline have amazing choices for all skin types and skin tones.
3. Brow Products- If you are a beginner I recommend you start grooming brows with brow powders, the color is buildable and more controllable than a brow gel, brow pencils are also great for beginners, just remember to use a lite hand when applying using a pencil, it can tend to be too dark if applied to heavy.
4. Mascara- Don't sleep on this oldie but goodie. In the age of false lashes of all sorts mascara is often left behind, I recommend using mascara prior to applying strip lashes it allows them to blend in more naturally, also it primes the lashes allowing for more secure application. Besides, if you don't wear false lashes or you are in a rush a little mascara goes along way, it opens the eyes and give you fuller looking lashes!
5. Lipstick/Lipgloss- Of course a pop of color goes a long way, but if you are not a person who shops for makeup often stick to neautral and nude colors to wear daily, something you are comfortable with.
Of course more products such as blush, and eye shadow is a great product to have in the arsenal, but for an everyday basic well groomed look these five products are the pillars of a great everyday face.