How To Use Makeup To Look Younger
As, we age we tend to sometimes overcompensate to conceal our age, but in fact we are making ourselves look older. I'm noticing slight changes in my body daily, but that is the beauty of life and being able to live and experience these changes I believe is beautiful in itself. Here are some tips I have put together that can help add youthfulness to your look without piling on a ton of makeup. Instead of using makeup to hide our age let's use makeup as a tool to add vibrancy.
- Moisturize- This is a MAJOR step in applying your makeup but most of all hydrated skin appears younger and is more flexible. Moisturized skin looks supple, pliable, and bright; besides you never want to apply makeup to dry dull skin, your results will look dry, dull, and aged.
- Stick To Liquid Cosmetic Products When Possible- When at all possible, creams and powders seem to nestle in the creases and crevasses of our face, even the smallest fine line or expression line will look twice as bad with makeup creasing in it. Another way to avoid creasing is to prime areas such as your forehead, around the eyes, and smile lines with eyeshadow primer. Eyeshadow primer reduces creasing. Liquid foundations, liquid concealers should be the formula of choice when purchasing foundations and concealers. Avoid the powder cosmetics if you can.
- Warmer Tones- Yellow and Orange toned foundations are key to looking younger, warmer sort of sun kissed skin appears younger and healthier, please by all means use the PROPER color foundation for your skin, but go for warmth, you can warm your look with a bronzer. Use your bronzer sparingly, do not over power your entire look with bronzer.
- Less Foundation, More Dampened Sponge- I prefer a beauty blender but any damp foundation sponge will do the trick, using a swatch of foundation on the back of your hand, (use the back of the hand to warm the foundation, it helps for better application), lightly apply to the pointy areas of your face and, in a dabbing motion apply to entire face, the water with the dabbing motion decreases creasing, conceals more imperfections, and gives the skin pliability.
- Skip the Powder- powder and creams tend to crease and like I stated before creasing and settling can give the appearance of aging
- Hydration- moisturizing the skin from the inside out, but of course drinking water as well as eating fruits and vegetables. Fruits and veggies actually hydrates the skin more effectively than just drinking water, the water in fruit is intracellular therefore it goes to the skin first, water hydrates our organs first then our skin, a healthy combination of both equals younger skin
- Highlight Your Bone Structure- it is a known fact that we lose adipose tissue (that fatty layer in our skin), as we get older. In our face when we begin to lose that fatty layer it causes our cheek bones to look more profound and can age us. Combat this by using highlight with your blush to accent your natural face structure!
- Highlighting- This brings light to your face, light especially soft light adds a youthful glow to your skin and looks great in pictures and in person
Remember, aging should be embraced, different phases of your life will call for different techniques. Age should be celebrated not shunned, your beauty is timeless.