The pleasure of finding the perfect moisturizer, or the effective acne medication is priceless, but the pain in purchasing a pricey product that is ineffective will make you recheck your budget. It hurts financially and mentally when you spend $37 on a face wash that has made your skin issue worse, or hasn't improved your situation. In the quest for beautiful skin here are some of my most recent experiences.
1. Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Moisturizer SPF 15 Facial Moisturizer- This oil-free light moisturizer was very inexpensive, I found it on sale at "Ollies" a store that sales products that couldn't sell in the store. I paid only $2.49, it's normally $8.99 I had to try this. Though, I shined right through this moisturizer after a few hours, which isn't uncommon for me, I have ungodly oily skin. What I do like about this moisturizer is that it never broke me out or caused more blackheads, yes I would buy it again only if it's on sale though.
2. Murad Advanced Acne & Anti-Wrinkle Reducer- I truly had high hopes for this product, I'm truly happy I only purchased a sample because if I would have seen an inkling of an improvement, I would have definitely purchased he larger $44 dollar size. the Ulta rep told me I should try again to see test it's efficacy, but I don't think so. I purchased this to help treat my acne first, and to treat expression lines second, I'm sure it takes awhile to see improvement on expression lines, but it didn't really do much for my breakouts. I have had much better results with CVS brand Persa Gel.
3. Murad Post Acne Spot Lightening Gel- This $64 investment was definitely a splurge, absolutely worth every penny. It improved my hyperpigmentation marks, without causing spotting or discoloring my brown skin, now if I can stop picking!
4. Murad Anti-Aging Acne SPF 30 Moisturizer- This is a great moisturizer, it has everything needed to protect your oily skin but for me it was too heavy, I think I prefer the Simple moisturizer over this one, sometimes more expensive isn't always the best fit for you.
5. Formula 10.0.06 Seriously Shine Free Mattifying Moisturizer- I love this product, at first I was using too much, and kind of backed away, but I really wasn't enjoying the Murad moisturizer, I retried this one but used less. I don't shine through very easily with this and the price fits perfect with my budget, $6.99 can't beat that!
6. Dermalogica Overnight Clearing Gel- I'm bias when it comes to Dermalogica, I love all of their products, especially anything from their acne line, it has always proven effective for me. I will be purchasing this again!
Have you ever tried these products, if so comment below your experience.