If you are on a tight budget and can't afford to get a monthly facial from your esthetician, follow some of these steps at home to jump start your skin to a brighter, clearer, healthier complexion without over spending. The winter has kept us indoors and focused more on staying warm. Cold dry dehydrating weather has caused our skin to be dull and lifeless. Follow these steps also if you suffer from blackheads and oily skin.
- Pre-Cleanse- this should be the first step of your daily skin care routine along with your deep Spring Cleaning Facial. Pre-cleanse with an oil cleanser such as Dermalogica PreCleanse Oil $32.99-$40.00 or Neutrogena Ultra Light Oil Cleanser $6.99-$9.99
- Cleanse- If you have dry skin you want to use a moisture rich cleanser or a skin smoothing cleanser. Simple Skincare offers affordable and quality products for dry/sensitive skin. Oily Skin or combination skin you need products that are oil free and balancing. I love Neutrogena Pore Refining Line,their liquid cleanser for oily/combination skin or Biore Charcoal Pore Cleanser are both great products that can be found for $9.99 or less. For acne prone skin I love Dermalogica Acne Clear Bac Line as well as Clearasil Acne Products. Make sure you choose the products that are right for your skin type.
- Exfoliate- Mechanical exfoliates such as a facial scrub from St. Ives, Neutrogena, Aveda, Dermalogica, and many more would be great for any skin type. For a chemical exfoliation with AHA/BHA products seek professional application. Exfoliation is a skin care routine must, can be done a few times a week or daily depending on how gentle or strong the exfoliate. Exfoliation removes dead skin cells and reveals brighter healthier skin along with stimulating collagen production, a protein that keeps the skin youthful. Remove any blackheads gently roll them out and treat it with witch hazel or peroxide
- Toner- This step is often neglected, it should not be by all means, the toner not only removes soap scum and possible missed dirt and oil from washing, it also hydrates the skin, we need as much hydration as humanly possible to have healthy beautiful skin.
- Masque or Mask- Masking post cleansing, exfoliating, and removing blackheads is essential, it minimizes pores, hydrates skin, and it also continues to purify and detoxify the skin while in some case boosting moisture, you can purchase a mask or make your own at home mask with ingredients in the fridge.
- Moisturizers, Serums, and Treatments- After the mask wash your face and neck with cool water removing the entire mask apply your serums or treatments prior to applying your skin specific moisturizer, please make sure your moisturizer has SPF sun protection even if you work indoors, UV lights are damaging to the skin and a lot of office lighting is beaming UV rays right over you!
Spring Cleaning For Your Skin Should Be A Regular Skin Care Routine Consult An Esthetician for Even More Effective Skin Care Regimens.